Shared hosting provides a lot of flexibility, a sense of ownership, and a good price, so why am I building websites on free web hosts, too?
Well, Blogspot and Squidoo offer unique web creation software and unique modes of marketing web pages. Each community offers insight, links, and a new perspective on how to approach the internet business.
- Jacksonville SEO – Jacksonville SEO is a collection of about 20 articles I wrote as I was thinking out a business plan that will soon be fully operational. The first trick was to actually rank for Jacksonville SEO as a search key word, now I need to set up a professional landing page offering the services and providing contact info.
- Free College Aid – A place for collecting links to other interesting education blogs on the net, and its been a great place to store drafts and ideas for later posts at my main college blog.
- Politics Undergroud – Again, a great tool for me to collect links of interesting political opinions in the blogosphere. When I’m lucky I can get the article’s original author to come back for some more comments on the topic. The internet has no doubt done wonders for the civil politics debate.
- Gluten Blog – No wheat – its gluten-free for me. The Gluten Blog is a place for me to record recipes on the fly and store links of my favorite Celiac resources.
- Jacksonville Artists – A side-project to help my artist friends and of course the love of my life Aisling 🙂
- Free College Lens – More free college resources for students, parents, and anyone considering continuing their college education
- Website Building – A Squidoo lens web page about building web pages. Including a more thorough introduction to Squidoo and free hosting services.
- News and Politics – News feeds, debate, politics, news, what else do you need?
- Florida Bright Futures – A lens about the history and possible future of the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship program. Also links to a requirements and Q&A page I’m running on shared hosting.
- Dreamhost Coupon – If you’re interested in setting up a shared hosting account with Dreamhost (the same company hosting the JohnMcDonald.info domain) this Squidoo lens includes some discount coupons that can help you save some cash.
- Web hosting types – Free, shared, dedicated? What is it all about and how can you use different types to maximize your online strategy?
- Search Scholarships – My first lens, one of my first websites of my own. A summary of the scholarship hunting process with links to more detailed accounts of the specific steps involved.
- Website SEO – Of course, if you’re going to be building all of these websites, you have to make sure that someone sees them, right!?
- College Financial Aid – A primer for college financial aid, links to free resources, and tips on applying for the FAFSA.